Home Reflection

All six of the images taken for this project were taken in the village of Much Hadham. The tomb pictured is that of my great great great great grandfather Richard Hunt. Hunt owned several mills in Much Hadham and lived in the house pictured. When my Grandfather passed away in 2005, my Mother (Who was born in the main bedroom of the house), Auntie and Uncle inherited the house. For almost all of my life, Much Hadham has been our holiday home. We used to go there every Sunday to see my Grandfather, and after he passed, we spent every half-term, summer holiday, Easter holiday and so on, at that house. Despite residing in Harpenden, I have always considered Much Hadham to be my real home.

The images of the woods and the field were also taken in Much Hadham. We will often take long walks when we’re staying at the cottage and if I’m not in the cottage, I’ll be out walking in the fields or the woods. The final picture is of me and my girlfriend Beth, embracing. This image represents home for me because the first thing I do when I return home is visit her and be with her. The picture was also taken in Much Hadham, combing the two things that I symbolize the most with home. Overall, I enjoyed this project as we were given a lot of creative freedom with it. Right from the start I knew that Much Hadham was going to be the subject of my project, and I enjoyed visiting at the weekend and taking pictures of the cottage and surrounding area.